Monday, February 1, 2010

All grown up

It's always a happy day when your kids grow up and leave the house. For me I love seeing the natural changes in life. My chicken Houdini with his big poof of hair needed a haircut and turned out to be a girl, laying small ivory eggs.
The freckled black/white chickens Speckles and Penguino are so cute laying tan eggs.

I think our favorite chick is Ozzie laying her beautiful blue/green eggs.

We had 2 reds but one became a tasty meal for a coyote.

These 2 chicks are so pretty with a golden chest and green tinted black feathers.

Finger-licking good AKA 8 piece meal left us first only because she was a meat chicken.
DELICOUS!!
Here's some of the colors we see everyday.
Malik love's being out with the chickens.
Dirt bath anyone
Cluck cluck

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Did Andrea tell you that Soren and I visited the chickens? He loved them! And Houdini is pretty cool lookin.

Paul and Susan said...

Great pictures of the chickens. They can be pretty challenging to take good pictures of. It was interesting to hear about them and their beautiful colored eggs, which I have had the pleasure of enjoying!