Monday, December 22, 2008

Traditions

Things have changed a lot this year our old traditions of Christmas Eve at grandma and grandpas house have ended so we decided to start a new tradition.  Christmas Family night has all the same feelings as x-mas eve and we even added a singing time to end the night.  It was fun to have some extra guests this year... the missionaries.  Thanks for joining us this year.





A special gift.. to my dad Ron, and his siblings Eric, Paul and Lisa, I took my grandmothers clothes that they remember and I made a quilt for each of them. I had fun cutting up her clothes and sewing them back together after all quilting is one of my favorite memories from my grandma.  A treasured gift for them and me.. 


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Your awesome, Chelle! I can't believe you already have all those pictures up from last night. My dad loved the quilt you made. We had fun talking about all the different clothes we remembered after everyone had left. It is so fun to just stare at - brings back good memories. Kinda funny that a bunch of polyester can do that.

Paul and Susan said...

Thanks for helping to document the night with your pictures. And thank you for your very special gift of the quilts made out of Dorothy's clothes for each of her kids. You make such wonderful, thoughtful things!